What is Flipkart Fulfilment and how to use it | BT Seller Academy
- What is Flipkart Fulfilment
- Who should use Flipkart Fulfilment
- How to register for Flipkart Fulfilment
- How does Flipkart Fulfilment work
- How to create a consignment
- Going live on Flipkart.com
- How to see FF Inventory
- How to recall products from FF warehouse
What is Flipkart Fulfilment?
Flipkart Fulfilment (previously known as Flipkart Advantage) allows sellers to use Flipkart’s 3rd party warehousing and shipping services.
A business bulk ships the products to a Flipkart operated warehouse (or Fulfilment Centre (FC)) where they are stored.
As and when orders come on a daily basis form customers, Flipkart FC ships the items, i.e., picks, packs and ships to the buyers.
Flipkart FC also handles the returns of products returned by the customers or courier companies.
Find the latest prices for FA services here: https://seller.flipkart.com/slp/pricing
Who should use Flipkart Fulfilment?
Flipkart Fulfilment can be used by:
- Businesses that don’t have a warehouse of their own or don’t have a warehouse in the metropolitan hubs.
- Businesses whose own warehouses are geared for B2B shipments and not geared for daily B2C shipments.
- Businesses that find it difficult to train retain a team for their warehouses or to achieve a fast shipping turnaround time (1-2 days).
- An additional benefit of using Flipkart Fulfilment is that your products get an ‘Assured’ badge and enjoy better search ranking in the product search results. Customers also value the Assured badge when they see it.
How to register for Flipkart Fulfilment?
Flipkart Fulfilment is currently an invitation-only service. Flipkart regularly reviews sellers’ performance to proactively reach out to top sellers for a compelling proposition around FA services. However, sellers can contact their Account Manager or Seller Support to share their queries and Flipkart would get back.
How does Flipkart Fulfilment work?
Here are the steps to register for Flipkart Fulfilment:
- Sign up as a seller.
- Express interest to signup for FF (FK Seller Portal > Manage Profile > FF)
- Post-Approval, register for Flipkart Fulfilment by mentioning their fulfilment centre as principal/additional space of business.
- Create consignment for the items which you wish to drop at their Fulfilment Centre (process shown in slides ahead).
- Ship your products to Flipkart Fulfilment Centre.
- FK will conduct quality checks and (once passed) will inward and store the products.
- When orders arrive, FK will pick and pack your order & deliver it to buyers.
- Payment for the orders is settled as per the regular payment cycle.
How to send products to Flipkart Fulfilment Center?
To send products to a Flipkart warehouse, you need to login to the Flipkart seller panel. The step-by-step process for creating a consignment is shown in the slideshow at the top with screenshots.
When do products become live on Flipkart.com?
When your products are delivered to the Flipkart Fulfilment Centre, they are quality checked, inwarded and stocked away on the shelves. As soon as this process is completed, the products become visible on Flipkart.com. The whole process of shipping the consignment and the products becoming live on Flipkart usually takes around 7 days.
How to see the inventory present in Flipkart warehouse?
To see the inventory in a Flipkart Fulfilment Center you need to go to the inventory section in the Flipkart Seller Panel. The items shown with an ‘Assured’ badge are the ones which are available in the Flipkart FC. (see slideshow for screenshot)
How to recall products from an Flipkart warehouse?
You may want to recall the products that have been classified as unsellable by Flipkart or the ones that are not selling fast on the Flipkart marketplace. To recall the products you need to go to Seller Panel > Inventory > All Inventory > Bulk Recall (dropdown) > Download Bulk Recall File > Fill the file > Upload Bulk Recall File. (see slideshow for screenshot)
What is Flipkart Assured?
Note that this is different from ‘Flipkart Assured’ which is a customer (or buyer) centric promise from Flipkart that the products will be delivered quickly, in good shape, and that Flipkart would take complete responsibility of fulfilling the order on time. Keeping your products would help you get the Flipkart Assured badge but that may be granted based on other parameters as well.