How to Register as Seller on Ajio?
“How to Register as a Seller on AJIO”, is a common question we get asked by eCommerce sellers that use Browntape. AJIO is a Reliance owned online fashion portal. Launched in 2016, the site took its time to gather momentum. Fighting against already established giants – Jabong, Myntra and ABOF back then was a challenge. However, in 2020, AJIO announced that it had grown 4X times its pre-covid levels. As per Ahrefs, the platform has an average of 3.1 million organic traffic per month. So, it suffices to say that for any eCommerce sellers in the fashion and lifestyle segment, AJIO is an important platform. Before we cover the main question, let us explore a bit more about AJIO.
What are the Categories on AJIO?
AJIO.com caters to the fashion & lifestyle segment. There is another portal called AJIO Business which is also owned by Reliance. This is a B2B portal that caters to retailers who want to purchase directly from manufacturers. There, the products are extensively in the clothing range. On AJIO.com however, we can find a wide range of fashion & lifestyle products and even products from under the Reliance umbrella such as those sold at Reliance Trends and Trends Footwear stores. The categories include but are not restricted to :
- Western Wear
- Ethinic & Festive
- Lingerie & Innerwear
- Fashion Jewellery
- Kids (Boys, Girls, and Baby Wear)
Indie Category: Indie is a special category on AJIO which supports hand-made, artisan products from India. As per the site, they cover 500 Artisan Vendors and most interestingly 53 GI clusters. Apart from regular products like sarees, kurtas, etc.; buyers can purchase regional specialties such as Kutch embroidery, Orissa Ikkat, Ajrak, Banarasi Brocades, Kalamkari, Bagru, Chanderi, and more.
Home & Kitchen: This category has multiple well-known brands in its repertoire such as DDecor, MUJI, Chumbak, Portico New York, Jaipur Fabric, etc. Other sellers listed product groups include bed linen, cushions, covers, home decor items, carpets, rugs, and more.
World Crafts: Although this category on AJIO has some items from the Indie segment, there are earrings, accessories, and bags that have been listed as being inspired by Turkish, Vietnamese, and Thai designs. While the country of origin is India.
What are the Business Models on AJIO?
AJIO B2B / AJIO JIT
One must note that AJIO is a closely curated platform. Meaning, that the team plays a large role in determining who sells, what they sell, and how they list it. Hence, it is not a pure marketplace where sellers have total control over their business on the platform.
- AJIO B2B is a purchase order (PO) based model wherein the order is placed by various customers on the AJIO portal. AJIO then collates these orders seller-wise and sends the sellers a back-order.
- eCommerce sellers then pack the items together in bulk and send them to AJIO. AJIO then sorts the items, order-wise, and then sends them to the customers.
- The products need to be packed in AJIO branded packaging material.
- Listing details are filled in by a seller as per the AJIO template and it is uploaded at the back-end by the AJIO team.
- You can process daily purchase orders on Browntape for AJIO JIT, by adding it as a channel.
- As mentioned earlier, AJIO has a higher degree of control over its operations. This is to maintain a uniform brand experience for its customers and not to hinder sellers.
- In AJIO Dropship, a customer’s order directly reaches the seller on his AJIO portal. If you are a Browntape user, the AJIO’s portal is already integrated with Browntape. So a seller can simply process the order via Browntape like for all his other marketplace panels.
- The payment is made to AJIO by the customer and the payment settlement takes place periodically with the seller.
- The seller packs the items as per orders (item-wise/ order-wise) in AJIO’s packaging. The product is then shipped to the AJIO warehouse. Hereon, it is sorted and sent to the customers.
How to Register as a Seller on Ajio?
Documents Required for AJIO Seller Registration
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- GST Details
- Current Account Details + Cancelled Cheque
- MSME Certificate (Optional)
- Logo if any
- Trademark Certificate (Alternative stated below)
- CIN & TAN certificate in case your company is a private entity
The Process: Get On-boarded as a Seller on AJIO
Reliance has created a single portal for seller registration, whether they sell on AJIO, Jiomart or Reliance Digital. They treat any seller on their platforms as a “supplier”. So the common steps to register on any of these platforms are as follows. Do note, it helps to treat this registration as a college application or loan application- as AJIO is very careful about who they on-board as a seller. So put your best foot forward.
- Visit: https://supplierregistration.ril.com/
- Register yourself on Reliance portal as a supplier
- Fill up the remaining details as required which includes your registered office address.
- Provide documents: Pan card, aadhar card, GST details, current account details, cancelled cheque
- Select your product categories
Tips on Increasing Your Chances of Being On-boarded
As mentioned earlier, AJIO is selective about the sellers it on-boards.Hence the following help increase your chances in your application:
- MSME Certificate: It’s a proof of your company being registered as an MSME with the government
- Logo: It helps project your company and products as having a distinct brand imagery
- Trademark: This further strengthens your brand positioning and also is proof of you owning the brand. If you do not have a trademark certificate or it’s in the processing stage; then you can submit a self-declaration; when indicated, during your application.
- Website Address: A website increases your credibility. It also helps the AJIO team know more about your business and your products. This helps them make a decision.
Registering as a Seller on AJIO- Next Steps
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile, upon submitting the form. After submission of which, your application process is complete. You will be provided with a request code number.
- Brace yourself to wait for a few weeks to get feedback on your application.
- You can check the status of your application anytime by visiting the same portal and submitting your request code and pan card number.
- You will receive an approval email if your application is approved.
- You will also receive details of your payment terms. As per our experience, most sellers get to choose between a 25% commission plus logistic fee plan OR a 40% fixed commission plan.
AJIO Seller Central
- You can now log into https://seller.ajio.com/ and complete your registration formalities.
- Sellers have to use this panel to process all future orders. Alternatively, most sellers use an eCommerce management software Browntape, which allows them to manage their eCommerce business across marketplaces, from one place.
- Sellers can manage both- AJIO Dropship and AJIO JIT, on Browntape by simply adding them as channels.
- Sellers have to upload their listings as per the AJIO template. The AJIO team approves all listings & catalogs.
We hope the above steps, give you a simplified breakdown of registering as a seller on AJIO. All the best for your seller on-boarding process!
Leave a Reply
Your email is safe with us.